David Street School
Kia Maia - Have Courage
David Street School is located in Morrinsville, a 20 minute drive from the city of Hamilton in the Waikato.
The school has experienced considerable roll growth in recent years and has an enrolment scheme in place to prevent overcrowding. Information on this can be found under the 'enrolment' tab
We warmly welcome children, parents and all family members to David Street School and trust your association with our school will be a happy one. We look forward to working alongside you and your children in developing a lifelong love of learning.
Term 4 Begins Monday 18 October
Teachers (and we hear also children and parents) are excited and ready to begin Term 4 tomorrow for all level 2 children and teachers. As promised in our last posting, all families have been individually notified by teachers about who will be teaching in each classroom via email, Class Facebook page or Hero message.
- School operates under Level 2 requirements at the normal school times.
- Children go their usual classrooms.
- If children are unwell for any reason they must not come to school.
- Parents should not come onto the school site. We do allow those parents with anxious children to take them to the classroom, especially on their first day if required. Parents coming onto the school site must scan or sign in at the main David Street roundabout entrance and wear a face covering. They must not enter the classroom and must leave promptly. Please avoid the school office but phone ahead if you need to come into the office. Emails and phone messages are preferred at Level 2.
- End of day requirements will remain the same and at the normal times.
- Children under 12 are exempted from any face covering requirements however they may wear them of course.
- School buses will operate around the normal routes but will not cross into Level 3. Greenline will do their best to keep approximately to normal times but there will be some backtracking to avoid L3 and there may be some small variations to the pick-up and drop-off times. They will be doing their best as always. Face coverings are now required for children over 12 however remain optional for primary school children.
- Early this week, we will be contacting the small number of families unable to attend school, to determine their distance learning needs
We are looking forward to a happy learning and playful school day tomorrow, especially if the weather clears during Monday as it is meant to.
Please email classroom teachers or me directly if you have any questions.
Delta Level 2
We are still under level 2 guidelines
What parents need to know… The Ministries of Health and Education have provided the following guidelines for schools:
- Care for Kids before and after school is open.
- Attendance At School:
- All students who are well, should come to school.
- Any child or staff member who is unwell must not be at school. Anyone becoming sick at school must be collected immediately.
- Please let the school office know before 8.30am if you child is not coming to school. We need to know so we can ensure everyone who is meant to be at school has arrived safely.
- Face Masks:
- There is no requirement for children and teachers to wear a face mask. It is a matter of personal choice. Parents will decide for their children, supply a suitable mask and ensure they have shown them how to use it.
- Visitors to the school must wear a mask.
- Additional cleaning, hand washing and respecting personal spaces are in place.
- While the school drinking fountains will be regularly cleaned and operational, we recommend that every child brings their own named bottle of water each day.
- There are no minimum distance requirements in schools. Maintaining physical distancing in schools means children and staff will maintain a physical distance so that they are not breathing on, or touching each other.
- Coming onto the School Site:
- Children may enter and exit any gate. Parents and visitors may not.
- Parents should not come onto the school site. While we require parents to drop children off at any of our gates, we understand it may be necessary to accompany especially new children to and from the classroom. Please: You must wear a mask, you must enter at our main gate at David Street, must not enter classrooms and must leave promptly.
- If you must enter the grounds at the beginning and end of the school day, parents must use the David Street roundabout gate where your contact tracing details will be recorded. Children only may use any of our three entrances.
- Please keep visits to the school office to a minimum. There is limited space in the office and we will implement a 1 in and 1 out policy.
- Contacting Teachers:
- If you need to talk to teachers please arrange a time through their personal school email.
- After School:
- Please discuss and arrange a meeting place with your child near the gate for after school.
- Crossing Patrols will operate as usual •
- School Buses will run to normal timetables. Face Masks are not required to be worn on school buses.
Please do not hesitate to email the principal with any questions or concerns you may have: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Us Vision & Values