David Street School
Kia Maia - Have Courage
Returning to Level 2.
Kia ora koutou katoa;
As you will already know, we have now moved back to Level 2 for the next 7 days.
We have reissued and updated our Level 2 information to avoid any confusion:
- David Street School and our ‘Care for Kids’ remain open.
- All students who can, should come to school.
- Additional cleaning, hand washing and safe distancing practices are in place.
- Any child or staff member who is unwell must not be at school. Anyone becoming sick at school must be collected immediately.
- In the interests of safety, and the requirement to provide full Contact Tracing Records, we discourage parents from coming onto the school site. While we require parents to drop children off at any of our gates, we understand it may be necessary to accompany your child to and from the classroom. Please do not enter classrooms and please leave promptly.
- If needing to enter school grounds at the start and end of the school day, scan the school QR code at any of the 3 school entrances.
- Those parents unable to scan the QR code will need to hand write their details on the paper register at the David Street Roundabout entrance no matter which entrance you use.
- Please arrange a meeting place for your child near the gate for after school.
- If needing to visit school at other times during the day, you will need to come to the office to scan or sign the register, then, if necessary, sign your child in or out in the usual way.
- School Drop Off and Pick up times will operate as normal.
- Crossing Patrols will operate during these pick up and drop off times.
- School Transport will run as normal.
- The school office: Please keep these visits to a minimum. There is limited space in the office and we will implement a 1 in and 1 out policy.
- If you need to talk to teachers please arrange a time through their personal school email.
- While the school drinking fountains will be regularly cleaned and operational, we recommend that every child brings their own named bottle of water each day.
- There are no minimum distance requirements in schools. Maintaining physical distancing in schools means children and staff will maintain a physical distance so that they are not breathing on, or touching each other.
There are two organisational changes for this week.
- The Swimming Championships tomorrow will go ahead as planned BUT, BECAUSE OF THE LIMIT TO 100 PUBLIC RULE, WE REGRET THAT NO PARENTS AND WHANAU WILL BE ABLE TO ATTEND.
- The Swimming Carnival will be postponed for now.
- Our Parent Whakawhanaungatanga meetings will continue as planned on Monday 8th and Wednesday 10th March.
Please contact me at email@example.com with any further questions you may have.
David Street School is located in Morrinsville, a 20 minute drive from the city of Hamilton in the Waikato.
The school has experienced considerable roll growth in recent years and has an enrolment scheme in place to prevent overcrowding. Information on this can be found under the 'enrolment' tab
We warmly welcome children, parents and all family members to David Street School and trust your association with our school will be a happy one. We look forward to working alongside you and your children in developing a lifelong love of learning.
Contact Us Vision & Values