24 August 2020
Alert Level 2
Kia ora koutou katoa
Following the announcement from the Prime Minister we will remain at Alert Level 2. David Street School and our ‘Care for Kids’ remain open.
Just a reminder that while everyone is onsite at Alert Level 2, we must adhere to key health measures including:
• All students who can, should come to school. Schools are safe environments for children and staff.
• Additional cleaning, hand washing and safe distancing practices are in place.
• Any child or staff member who is unwell must not be at school. Anyone becoming sick at school must be collected immediately.
• In the interests of safety, and the requirement to provide full Contact Tracing Records, we discourage parents from coming onto the school site. While we require parents to drop children off at any of our gates, we understand it may be necessary to accompany your child to and from the classroom. Please do not enter classrooms and please leave promptly. Please arrange a meeting place for your child near the gate for after school.
• Have you got the COVID Tracer app on your phone? https://tracing.covid19.govt.nz/ You will find our DSS QR code at our school entrances. Please scan when you enter our school.
If you are entering the school at drop off or pick-up times and are unable to scan the code, please make your way to the main entrance turn around where a staff member will be able to record your name.
• School Drop Off and Pick up times will operate as normal.
• Crossing Patrols will operate during these pick up and drop off times.
• School Transport will run as normal.
• The school office: Please keep these visits to a minimum. There is limited space in the office and we will implement a 1 in and 1 out policy.
• If you need to talk to teachers please arrange a time through their personal school email.
• While the school drinking fountains will be regularly cleaned and operational, we recommend that every child brings their own named bottle of water each day.
• There are no minimum distance requirements in schools. Maintaining physical distancing in schools means children and staff will maintain a physical distance so that they are not breathing on, or touching each other.
We know all these things will help to keep our community as safe as possible. Because of these measures, your child does not need to wear a face covering while at school. We will of course support them should they choose to do so.
For those of you who might be finding things more difficult than usual, a reminder that there is a large range of support available for businesses and the community. We encourage you to go to the covid19.govt.nz for more information, or get in touch and we will help you to find the information and support you need.
The Ministry of Education has confirmed that David Street School will open on Monday 18th October to all Level 2 children and Level 2 teachers. Sadly, Level 3 restrictions in other parts of the Waikato mean that those living in Level 3 must stay in level 3 and so are unable to attend our school just yet.
More on Term 4 and guidelines on Delta Level 2 for our school can be found on our Home Page